Tuesday, December 6, 2022
HomeLocal NewsMWIIMBU CONFIRMS DEATHS IN KABWE’S ZCS RECRUITMENT

MWIIMBU CONFIRMS DEATHS IN KABWE’S ZCS RECRUITMENT

By KETRA KALUNGA

Home Affairs and Internal Security Minister, Jack Mwiimbu has confirmed that two people died during a stampede at the ongoing recruitment of officers under the Zambia Correctional Service (ZCS) in Kabwe district.

Mr. Mwimbu confirmed the death of the two people in parliament yesterday during the session of matters of urgent public importance raised by Bwacha Constituency Member of Parliament (MP) Sydney Mushanga.

However, Mr. Mwiimbu told parliament that he had been comprehensively briefed the cause of the stampede and death and has requested for time to gather enough information on the incident and prepare a detailed report on the matter.

“Madam Speaker, I would like to confirm that we have lost two lives but I cannot at the moment tell the House the cause of death. I will request that I come to this House with a detailed report pertaining to the same matter,” Mr Mwiimbu said.

And deputy speaker of the national assembly Attractor Chisangano directed Mr. Mwiimbu to render a ministerial statement on the loss of two lives to the House on Wednesday next week.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Observer. on SEX PILLS IN WATER
Dr. I.P.A. Manning on THE BAN OF POACHERS IN ZAMBIA
Lulumbi on EXPENSIVE WORSHIP
Patrick Bwalya on THE ALEX CHOLA FACT-FILE
Patrick BWALYA on DRIVER HACKED, LEFT FOR DEAD