Police gun down robber in Kabwe


Share post:

THE police anti-robbery squad in yesterday gunned down an unidentified criminal who attempted to break into the Yalelo Fish Centre at the Chakwakwa Shopping Complex in Kabwe.

Central province police commissioner Chola Katanga confirmed the incident which he said happened about 03: 20 hours.

Commissioner Katanga explained that, the anti-robbery squad responded to a report of an ongoing break into the building but the robber, who is deemed to have been acting with others, attempted to charge at an officer after he emerged from the roof top.

The Police Commissioner said that an officer at that point then discharged the fire arm with

a view to maiming the criminal but he later died while being rushed to Kabwe Central Hospital due to suspected heavy bleeding.

Mr. Katanga said police are investigating the matter and have lifted finger prints from the scene – ZANIS


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Life in prison for saying you’re gay in Uganda

Uganda’s parliament has passed sweeping antigay legislation that proposes tough new penalties for same-sex relationships and criminalises anyone identifying as LGBTQ.

Wife claims R800 000 after husband ‘humiliated, belittled her’ in short-lived marriage

The fact that a husband said “I do” at the altar but, a week later, while on honeymoon on an island, humiliated and belittled his wife, then, two months later, kicked her out of their house, has come back to bite him.

Chishala Kateka red cards Police

“We want to raise the red card to the UPND government and the police that there is no more room for continued abuse of people’s rights because this country is a multi-party democracy," New Heritage Party president Chishala Kateka has said 

Estranged wife gets nothing from late husband’s pension fund, while his girlfriend gets a share

An estranged wife who was separated from her husband for eight years failed to convince the court that she was the rightful beneficiary to half of an over R1 million pension fund that was to be paid out after her husband died.