Katete house in fire mishap


Share post:



GOODS worth hundreds of Kwacha were in the early morning of Tuesday destroyed after a house in Katete’s Ibex compound in Eastern Province caught fire.

The house of Mr Anderson Mwanza got burnt between 03:00 and 04:00 hours after a door curtain caught fire from a nearby candle.

In an interview, his brother Mr Zindikilani Mwanza, said curtain caught fire from a candle, which was left in the house as older members of the family left for the maize fields.

“The fire started between 03:00 and 04:00 hours and at the time there were only children sleeping. The candle was expected to be put off by children as they prepared to go to school. “We are happy that the children were rescued and none of them was burnt,” he said.

He further explained that the family had not come up with the exact value of the damage however   bags of maize, sofas, cupboard in the living room and the entire kitchen were reduced to ashes.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


Related articles

Kenyan teachers held over video of pupils simulating sex

Kenyan police have arrested six teachers from a primary school in the western part of the country over a video shared widely showing pupils simulating sexual acts as the teachers watch.

Zambians face fines for using phone while crossing roads

The authorities in Zambia have passed a law that prohibits pedestrians from crossing the road while wearing headsets or talking on a mobile phone.

Kenya opposition leader faces lawsuit over secret video claim

Kenya's former electoral commission boss has threatened to take legal action against the opposition leader after the politician alleged that the poll team, including the chairman, visited his home during last year's closely fought election, local media report.

Fuel price rise in Cameroon as subsidies scrapped

Fuel prices in Cameroon will rise by about 15% from Wednesday after the government agreed to pressure from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to cut fuel subsidies.