Fire destroys goods worthy K21, 000 in Kabwe


Share post:



A fire yesterday morning gutted a shop at BAMEPA General Dealers Complex in Kabwe destroying goods worthy K21, 000.

Central province police commissioner Chola Katanga confirmed the incident which started in the gutted shop around 06.00hours.

Quick action by the fire brigade, who rushed to the scene, managed to quench the fire which is suspected to have been started by an electric fault, and stopped it from spreading to the other shops at the complex.

Owner of the gutted shop, Florence Litiya, who arrived at scene around 09:00hours, simply watched in disbelief as she struggled to control her tears. 

According to one eye witness, Esther Phiri, who traders at the nearby Kasanda Market, she notified the market master from Kabwe Municipal Council immediately she saw fire coming out of the affected shop and the latter called the fire brigade.

Christabel Kateneka, a ‘salaula’ trader, said she rushed to BAMEPA Complex after her neighbour, who had gone for orders at Kasanda market, told her about the fire but luckily found that it had already been quenched before it reached her shop.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


Related articles

Woman told to pay ex-fiancé for breaking his heart

A Ugandan woman who broke up with her fiancé has been ordered to pay him financial damages for psychological anguish.

Rwanda-DR Congo tension: Shooting of plane an ‘act of war’

DR Congo has declared Rwanda's shooting of one of its fighter jets an "act of war", amid mounting tensions.

Kalomo records more Covid cases

KALOMO district has recorded a total of 19 Coronavirus cases with a new case having been recorded on December, 28 2022.

Family begins farewell to Zambian student killed in Ukraine

Zambian student Lemekhani Nyirenda, who died last year while fighting for Russian forces in Ukraine, is due to be buried on today.